According to 2012 figures from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, homeland security salaries in Alaska are as follows:
These salaries vary quite a bit by city. Hazardous materials removal workers earned $57,550 a year in Anchorage, while those in Fairbanks averaged $82,420 annually. In some cases, salaries can be more lucrative outside of the main cities. For example, transportation security screeners in the top 10th percentile of wages in their field earned $61,540 in the nonmetropolitan areas of southeast Alaska.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. and M.S in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- SNHU - A.S. in Criminal Justice, B.S. in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security & Counterterrorism, and M.S. in Criminal Justice - Advanced Counterterrorism
- Grantham University - Online Associate and Bachelor's Criminal Justice Programs
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
- Michigan State University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Saint Joseph's University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in International Relations Program - Online
In 2013, the starting salary for a first-line supervisor of protective service workers was $61,404 in Anchorage according to the government of Alaska.
The information shown in these tables was furnished by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and represents salary data for many of the different homeland security jobs one could find in Alaska’s major cities.