A number of homeland security experts are employed in Alabama. The wages for these jobs can vary quite a bit, according to 2012 salary data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The annual median and salaries earned by the top 10th percentile of workers in the field are as follows:
There is quite a bit of geographic variation in homeland security salaries within the state, and wages can be dramatically higher in certain cities. For instance, ordnance handling experts in the top 10th wage tier earn $75,180 a year in the Birmingham/Hoover area. Supervisors of protective service workers in the top 10th percentile earn $72,830 annually in Huntsville.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. and M.S in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- SNHU - A.S. in Criminal Justice, B.S. in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security & Counterterrorism, and M.S. in Criminal Justice - Advanced Counterterrorism
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
- Michigan State University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Saint Joseph's University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in International Relations Program - Online
Protective Service Workers in the state have a starting salary of $35,590 a year, according to the government of Alabama.
The information shown in these tables was furnished by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and represents salary data for many of the different homeland security jobs one could find in Alabama’s major cities.