The city of Phoenix, Arizona takes homeland security quite seriously. In its efforts to prepare citizens for possible disasters, attacks and other threats to the security of the city, state and nation, Phoenix has posted resources online. These resources include links for natural disasters and weather-related disasters, the city’s Hazard Mitigation Plan, and local links of interest such as how to become a member of the volunteer Phoenix Community Emergency Response Team.
Other information on which the Homeland Security Department of Phoenix educates the public includes facts about biological terrorism, how to prepare for a disaster, how to handle possible terroristic threats and the City of Phoenix’s Emergency Management Plan. The Phoenix Fire Department, Phoenix Police Department and Phoenix Officer of Emergency Management work together to preserve the safety and security of the city of Phoenix. The dedicated professionals holding homeland security jobs in Phoenix contribute to this important goal.
Homeland Security Education Options in Phoenix
Professionals interested in starting careers in homeland security in Phoenix, Arizona must obtain the right degree. Certification and degree programs leading to a career in homeland security in Phoenix include:
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Applied Science in Intelligence Operations Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Global Security and Intelligence Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security
- Associate of Science in Homeland Security
- Undergraduate Certificate in Homeland Security
Homeland Security Employers
Although governmental organizations and agencies are always an alternative resource for homeland security jobs in Phoenix, Arizona, there are many private corporations that work with these organizations and agencies that offer homeland security jobs. Top-secret corporations operating from Phoenix, and the homeland security jobs they support, include:
- Omega Systems – This company comprised of less than 25 employees started in Phoenix in 1998 and currently has four government clients. The privately held corporation does disaster preparedness, ground force operations, and information technology work. Homeland security jobs in Phoenix at Omega Systems might include intelligence analyst, electronic monitoring specialist and information technology specialist.
- Gutierrez-Palmenberg, Inc. – Begun in 1980 in Phoenix, this consulting company has between 26 and 100 employees and two government clients. Consulting work performed by this company includes information technology, engineering and environmental matters. Homeland security jobs in Phoenix at this company could include information technology specialists, project managers, system analysts, environmental engineering technicians and environmental scientists.
- Dynamic Science, Inc., an Exodyne Company – This company was started in Phoenix in 1942 and currently has between 101 and 500 employees, along with three government clients. It specializes in law enforcement and weapons technology. Potential homeland security jobs in Phoenix at this company include detective, intelligence analyst and undercover operations specialist.
- Authenti-Corp – Born in Phoenix in 2000, this company currently has less than 25 emplo9yees and six governmental clients. It specializes in building security and law enforcement. Possible homeland security jobs in Phoenix at Authenti-Corp include intelligence analyst, undercover operations specialist, cyber security specialist and detective.