Persons holding homeland security jobs in Little Rock, Arkansas are responsible for keeping the citizens of Little Rock safe from potential threats. These may include threats to the public safety from natural disasters, like tornadoes, heat, thunderstorms and floods; as well as domestic threats like homegrown Islamic terrorists; and international terroristic threats. Homeland security careers in Little Rock, Arkansas may be found within governmental agencies at the national, state and local levels, as well as within privately owned corporations.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. and M.S in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
- Michigan State University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Saint Joseph's University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in International Relations Program - Online
Degrees and Training in Homeland Security
For those who are attracted to homeland security careers, the first step is obtaining the proper education. Certain degrees and training programs are key to employment in Little Rock. These programs include:
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice – Homeland Security Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice – Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Associate of Arts n Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies
- Master of Science in Legal Studies-Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science in Emergency Administration and Management
- Master of Science in Emergency Management and Homeland Security
Homeland Security Agencies Serving the Little Rock Area
In addition to the Department of Homeland Security, many other agencies and organizations—some of which are governmental – provide the opportunity for homeland security careers in Little Rock Arkansas. They include (but are not limited to):
- Arkansas Crime Information Center – this organization is responsible for maintaining crime statistics and criminal information databases. It provides service to more than 250 criminal justice agencies in Arkansas. Possible homeland security jobs here include information analyst and intelligence analyst.
- Arkansas Fusion Center – information from many different law enforcement and intelligence agencies is sent to this organization to be analyzed. Homeland security careers here may include intelligence analyst.
- Arkansas State Police – the chief law enforcement agency in Arkansas is based in Little Rock. Homeland security jobs here could include detective and undercover operations specialist.
- ATAC Eastern District of Arkansas (U.S. Attorney) – this organization is made up of members of local, state and federal law enforcement agencies, along with members from the investment, banking, rail, energy and shipping industries. Possible homeland security jobs here include intelligence analysts and wireless surveillance specialists.
- FBI Little Rock Field Intelligence Group – this organization is responsible for intelligence across the state of Arkansas. Homeland security jobs here could include intelligence analyst, detective and undercover operations analyst.
- Little Rock Financial Crimes Task Force (of the U.S. Secret Service) – specializing in the investigation of financial crimes, homeland security jobs here include intelligence analyst, information technology specialist and electronic monitoring specialist.
- Little Rock Resident Office of the Drug Enforcement Agency – those working homeland security jobs here such as detective and undercover operations work on drug threats to the area.
- Little Rock Border Patrol Station – homeland security jobs here include transportation security agents.
- Little Rock District (Department of Homeland Security) – the main homeland security job here, Protective Security Advisor, has the responsibility for providing protection of critical infrastructure in the state.