Hartford, Connecticut is home to the Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection, Emergency Management and Homeland Security. It is the responsibility of those holding homeland security jobs in Hartford to keep not only the citizens of the city of Hartford safe, but also the residents of Connecticut and, ultimately, of the entire United States.
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
- Michigan State University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Saint Joseph's University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in International Relations Program - Online
Recently, the Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection, Emergency Management and Homeland Security made news when it collaborated with the Canton Police Department and Connecticut State Police to bring a Canton, Connecticut resident to justice on charges of production and distribution of child pornography. This is just one example of the many ways that homeland security jobs in Hartford can help to keep not only those living in Hartford, but residents of all ages of the state and the nation safe as well.
Types of Training Available for Homeland Security Careers in Hartford
Without the right education, it will be very difficult, if not impossible, to start a career in homeland security in Hartford, Connecticut. Possessing the right credentials are necessary components of homeland security jobs in Hartford. Educational and training programs in the Hartford area and online that could lead to homeland security careers include:
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice – Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Law Enforcement
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Legal Studies
- Certificate in Homeland Security
Careers in Homeland Security
Homeland security (or related field) degree and certificate holders in Hartford, Connecticut are ready to explore job and career opportunities that may be available in the area. Government organizations may be hiring well-educated homeland security professionals. Companies in the Hartford area may also employ those with homeland security educational backgrounds. Possibilities for homeland security jobs in the Hartford area include:
- Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection, Emergency Management and Homeland Security includes:
- Connecticut Intelligence Center – an intelligence fusion center for the entire state. Homeland security jobs here may consist of Intelligence Analysts and Information Technology Specialists.
- Critical Infrastructure Protection Unit – works on physical security assessments at public and private facilities across Connecticut. Homeland security jobs here may include Threat Assessment Specialist and Risk Prevention Specialist.
- Hartford Resident Office of the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) – homeland security jobs here may include Detective and Intelligence Analyst
- Hartford Field Office- Industry Operations – Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF)- Homeland security jobs here may include Information Technology Specialist and Weapons Specialist
- Immigrations and Customs Enforcement, Hartford Office – Homeland security jobs here may include Transportation Security Specialist and Intelligence Analyst.
- Pratt & Whitney U.S. Customs Compliance Program in East Hartford – Homeland security jobs here may include Customs Compliance Specialist
- Trinity College – Homeland security jobs here may include Homeland Security Instructor
- State of Connecticut Judicial Branch in Hartford – Homeland security jobs here may include Judicial Marshal Trainee