Salaries for homeland security personnel in Kentucky are available from the Bureau of Labor Statistics for 2012. Salary data for various positions is listed below with the average annual salary followed by that of those professionals who earned in the top tenth percentile.
The salaries for information security analysts varied widely throughout the state. Those in Louisville had average annual and top tenth salaries much higher than the average for Kentucky. They were $85,390 and $133,510. Those in the top tenth percentile of this field earned $141,550 on average in the nonmetropolitan area of west central Kentucky.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. and M.S in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- SNHU - A.S. in Criminal Justice, B.S. in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security & Counterterrorism, and M.S. in Criminal Justice - Advanced Counterterrorism
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
- Michigan State University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Saint Joseph's University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in International Relations Program - Online
Protective service worker supervisor salaries also varied a great deal. Those in Lexington earned an average salary of $40,400 with the top earners having made $65,540. Explosives workers received higher salaries in the nonmetropolitan area of eastern Kentucky. Their annual average was $47,860 while the top earners garnered $68,490.
The information shown in these tables was furnished by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and represents salary data for many of the different homeland security jobs one could find in Kentucky’s major cities.