Homeland security salary information for 2012 is available from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The median annual salaries of homeland security professionals in Louisiana are listed below. They are followed by the average salary figure for those who earned in the top tenth wage percentile.
The median incomes for information security analysts, the supervisors of protective service workers, and transportation security screeners were higher for Baton Rouge than for the state average. They were $68,030, $41,410, and $38,380, respectively.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. and M.S in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- SNHU - A.S. in Criminal Justice, B.S. in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security & Counterterrorism, and M.S. in Criminal Justice - Advanced Counterterrorism
- Grantham University - Online Associate and Bachelor's Criminal Justice Programs
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
- Michigan State University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Saint Joseph's University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in International Relations Program - Online
The average top tenth percentile salary for the supervisors of protective workers in New Orleans was $72,900—substantially higher than the average for Louisiana as a whole.
The information shown in these tables was furnished by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and represents salary data for many of the different homeland security jobs one could find in Louisiana’s major cities.