Given its proximity to the northern border, homeland security professionals in Maine are vital to ensuring the nation’s safety. The salaries of these experts are available from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The median annual income for 2012 is provided below, followed by the average income of the top earners in the field: those in the top tenth percentile.
The salaries of protective service worker supervisors varied throughout the state of Maine. Those in Portland in the top tenth percentile earned $64,520 a year. Information security analyst salaries were also variable with those in Portsmouth having a median annual income of $103,920 and those in the top tenth percentile averaging $137,500.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. and M.S in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
- Michigan State University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Saint Joseph's University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in International Relations Program - Online
In contrast, the wages of transportation security screeners were pretty similar across the state. Those in Bangor had a slightly higher median income than the state average. This was $35,460 a year.
The information shown in these tables was furnished by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and represents salary data for many of the different homeland security jobs one could find in Maine’s major cities.