Colorado Springs, Colorado is home to one of the most important government organizations in the fight to maintain our country’s homeland security. U.S. Northern Command, also known as USNORTHCOM, was established in 2002 in Colorado Springs to give the Department of Defense a central command and control of response to land, sea and air threats to homeland security. USNORTHCOM also works with the Bahamas, Mexico, islands in the Caribbean, the Gulf of Mexico, the Straits of Florida, and Canada to protect these fronts. While NORTHCOM’s headquarters is in Colorado Springs, it has 11 additional work sites across the globe, and 56 contracting clients. Homeland security jobs at USNORTHCOMM are under the control of the US Office of Personnel Management and may carry titles such as Management and Program Analyst, Contract Specialist and Information Technology Specialist.
<!- mfunc search_btn -><!- /mfunc search_btn -><!- mfunc feat_school ->
For those with the right educational background, there may be other opportunities for homeland security careers in the Colorado Springs area. Keep reading to learn how to get on a homeland security career path in Colorado Springs.
Degrees for Homeland Security Professionals Available in Colorado Springs
Before embarking upon a homeland security career path, students must have the proper educational credentials. Degrees and certification are options for homeland security education in Colorado Springs. Programs in the area and online include:
- Advanced Certificate in Homeland Security
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Terrorism, Mediation and Peace
- Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice-Law Enforcement
Jobs for Homeland Security in Colorado Springs
Homeland security careers in Colorado Springs need not be with governmental agencies only. While these agencies do employ those who have a college education in homeland security, there are also scores of private corporations that work with government agencies and organizations that are often in need of employees with homeland security training. In the Colorado Springs area, these include:
- Aleut Management Services, a Nana Company – has six government clients and work includes security operations at the air, ground force, naval, nuclear and satellite levels. Homeland security jobs include Intelligence Specialist and General Manager.
- bd Systems – has three government clients and works in weapons technology and disaster preparedness. Homeland security jobs include All Source Intelligence Analyst, Systems Engineer and Intelligence Policy and Doctrine Analyst.
- Cosmic Advanced Engineering Solutions – a technical intelligence, weapons technology and air/satellite operations company with two government clients. Homeland security jobs include Computer Engineer and Rapid Prototype Engineer.
- Infinity Systems Engineering – has four government clients and specializes in computer/IED explosives, weapons and information technology, air/satellite operations, nuclear operations, and ground force operations. Homeland security jobs include Engineering/IT/Intelligence Analyst and Geospatial Intelligence Analyst.
- Ki Company, LLC – has four government clients and works on building security, naval operations, disaster preparedness, border control, air/satellite operations and management consulting/administration. Homeland security jobs include Weapons Specialist and Intelligence Analyst.
- TechWise – has eight government clients and specializes in law enforcement training; weapons technology; ground force, air and satellite operations; management consulting and administration and border control. Homeland security jobs include Emergency Preparedness/Crisis Management Advisor, IT Security Specialist: Education and Training, and Security Subject Matter Expert.