Salary data for homeland security professionals in Georgia is provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The information for 2012, the most recent year available, is listed below. The average salaries are listed first, followed by the salaries of those who earned in the top tenth percentile of their profession.
Wages for the supervisors of protective service workers were higher in the Augusta area with an average salary of $46,970 and that of the top earners being $70,880.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. and M.S in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- SNHU - A.S. in Criminal Justice, B.S. in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security & Counterterrorism, and M.S. in Criminal Justice - Advanced Counterterrorism
- Grantham University - Online Associate and Bachelor's Criminal Justice Programs
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
- Michigan State University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Saint Joseph's University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in International Relations Program - Online
The wages of transportation security screeners did not vary much throughout Georgia. For example, such professionals in Savannah averaged $35,040 a year.
Information security analysts in the Atlanta area earned an average salary of $83,880, while those in the top tenth percentile made $117,580. The position of information security officer for the state of Georgia paid $105,000 in 2013.
The information shown in these tables was furnished by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and represents salary data for many of the different homeland security jobs one could find in Georgia’s major cities.