A number of homeland security experts are employed in Illinois. Information about their 2012 salaries is available from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Salary data for the average salary and those of workers in the top 10th percentile are listed below.
Information security analysts in Chicago make substantially more than the state’s average. Their average salary was $87,670, while those in the top 10th percentile made $130,550.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. and M.S in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- SNHU - A.S. in Criminal Justice, B.S. in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security & Counterterrorism, and M.S. in Criminal Justice - Advanced Counterterrorism
- Grantham University - Online Associate and Bachelor's Criminal Justice Programs
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
- Michigan State University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Saint Joseph's University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in International Relations Program - Online
Wages for transportation security screeners are fairly uniform throughout Illinois. Those in Chicago averaged $38,400.
Some of the higher paying jobs for supervisors of protective service workers were located outside of the cities. Those who were located in the nonmetropolitan northwest area of the state earned $54,020 on average and $67,990 in the top 10th percentile.
The information shown in these tables was furnished by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and represents salary data for many of the different homeland security jobs one could find in Illinois’ major cities.