The Bureau of Labor Statistics has provided 2012 salary data for a number of different types of homeland security professionals that are employed in Iowa. The average annual income for several of these professions is listed below, followed by the average wage of those in the top tenth percentile.
In some fields, salaries vary quite a bit throughout the state. Information security analysts in Cedar Rapids had an average annual salary of $70,480 with those in the top tenth percentile of this field earning $102,460. Protective service worker supervisors in Waterloo/Cedar Falls in the top tenth percentile averaged $67,670 a year.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. and M.S in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- SNHU - A.S. in Criminal Justice, B.S. in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security & Counterterrorism, and M.S. in Criminal Justice - Advanced Counterterrorism
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
- Michigan State University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Saint Joseph's University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in International Relations Program - Online
The situation for transportation security screeners in Iowa is different. The salaries in the main cities are consistently lower than the averages for the state as a whole. For instance, transportation security screeners in Des Moines earned an average salary of 34,260 with top earners making $39,450.
The information shown in these tables was furnished by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and represents salary data for many of the different homeland security jobs one could find in Iowa’s major cities.