Maryland has a lot of critical infrastructure that is vital to the country as a whole, and a number of homeland security professionals are employed in the state. Salary data from 2012 is available from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. and M.S in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- SNHU - A.S. in Criminal Justice, B.S. in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security & Counterterrorism, and M.S. in Criminal Justice - Advanced Counterterrorism
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
- Michigan State University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Saint Joseph's University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in International Relations Program - Online
The average salary of a number of homeland security professionals in Maryland is listed below, followed by the average salary for those who earned in the top 10th percentile of their profession.
The salaries of some homeland security professionals varied quite a bit throughout Maryland. Information security analysts in the Bethesda area earned an average of $111,010 a year with the top earners averaging $173,550.
This is also the case for the salaries for protective service worker supervisors. Supervisors in Baltimore who were in the top 10th percentile of their field made $87,650 a year.
In contrast, the salaries of transportation security screeners were fairly consistent throughout Maryland.
The information shown in these tables was furnished by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and represents salary data for many of the different homeland security jobs one could find in Maryland’s major cities.