Massachusetts is home to a number of homeland security professionals who work to maintain the safety of the state and the country. The Bureau of Labor Statistics provides 2012 salary data for a number of homeland security positions. The average wage in Massachusetts is listed below, followed by that of the top tenth percentile of wage earners.
The salaries of cybersecurity professionals varied throughout the state. Information security analysts in the Boston area made $98,760 with top earners averaging $152,310 a year. In Framingham, the top earners averaged at least $187,199 a year.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. and M.S in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
- Michigan State University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Saint Joseph's University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in International Relations Program - Online
Protective service worker supervisors were paid quite differently throughout Massachusetts. Those in the Haverhill/North Andover/Amesbury area averaged $63,400 a year with the top earners having made an annual average of $88,180.
Transportation security screeners in Springfield made more than the average for the state, earning $39,730 a year. Those in the top tenth percentile averaged $46,140.
The information shown in these tables was furnished by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and represents salary data for many of the different homeland security jobs one could find in Massachusetts’ major cities.