Indiana is home to a substantial population of homeland security personnel. Their 2012 salaries are provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The information for the annual median wages and those who earned in the top tenth percentile of their fields are as follows:
The salaries of information security analysts varied throughout the state with those in Indianapolis having a median salary of $81,430. Top earners averaged $169,090. Such computer specialists also earned high wages in Louisville with the median salary having been $82,650 and the top earners having averaged $133,510.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. and M.S in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- SNHU - A.S. in Criminal Justice, B.S. in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security & Counterterrorism, and M.S. in Criminal Justice - Advanced Counterterrorism
- Grantham University - Online Associate and Bachelor's Criminal Justice Programs
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
- Michigan State University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Saint Joseph's University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in International Relations Program - Online
Supervisors of protective service workers also had varying salaries. Those in the top tenth percentile in Gary averaged $67,590 a year.
Transportation security screeners earned fairly similar wages throughout the state. For example, those in Fort Wayne had a median annual salary of $34,950 with the top earners averaging $42,280.
The information shown in these tables was furnished by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and represents salary data for many of the different homeland security jobs one could find in Indiana’s major cities.